- e-mail french cousins [june 20th] follow up
-email other french cousins
- confirm financial aid w/ berkeley and figure out classes !!!!!!!!
-health insurance waiver
-send in vaccination records
- get more work done at garden club
- hang out with teen witch
-buy emma ice cream
- hang out with sabrina
- conversation with amanda
- complete shepherd zine
- meimei hang out
-goodbye jason and keith
- sell/ donate books & clothing
- return cello and say goodbye
- go on more hikes
- get connected with jason’s bay area people
- have conversation with person? picnic maybe?
-scan letters for dad
-buy new underwear & swimsuit
- buy maple syrup/ gift for european hosts
-buy emry pho -meet regina?
- recording at cabin w/ shepherd [july 11-13]
- take more pictures
- give away sentimental things
- sort out stuff to take to dorm
- send letter to emily and lionel
- give letter to reed
- find homes for plants
- get on a plane to go to europe [july 17th]
At some point or another, liberal Americans need to be honest about what they mean and that they’re only thinking about themselves when they proclaim Democratic leaders as the “lesser of two evils”, because the brutality of foreign policy remains the same regardless of whose in the Oval Office.
If you take a young man and woman and they both tell a stranger that they work in the same restaurant, it’s very likely that they will assume that the woman is the waitress, and the young man a cook.
But I thought a woman’s place was in the kitchen? Not when she’s being paid for it. I can’t believe it took me this long to realize the implication of this. A woman’s place is one of servitude.
this fucking hit me like a fucking train
also I got electrocuted 3 times today
the first two involved me touching the mic, looking confused, and touching it again in order to figure out what was happening before finally realizing, oh yeah, this is shocking me
yesterday was the second time in my life that someone i really respect has called me a badass (≧◡≦)
— Arundhati Roy, Capitalism: A Ghost Story (via locusimperium)